Pros and Cons of Online Marketing
Businesses both new and old see the importance of online marketing. It has become the way of the world as marketers everywhere are utilizing the internet to help their businesses grow and expand. It is a great way to reach the audience that you intend to reach. Let’s take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of online marketing.
• Online marketing is less expensive than traditional print or radio
• It is the easiest way to reach a global market
• Ability to publish original content – as much or a little as you want
• Reach your target market easily
• Engage with your customers
• You can respond immediately to complaints and provide excellent
• It is difficult to establish trust – you miss out on the physical handshake,
you lose the face-to-face credibility of older generations
• There is a lot of competition online
• It can be very time consuming
• The options can be overwhelming. It can be difficult to determine where to
start – Facebook, Twitter, blogging etc.
When you consider launching an online marketing campaign for your business
make sure to consider your goals, determine your target market, take actionable steps and record results.
This post was written by Tami Enfield, a coworker at Spur specializing in content marketing, branding, and online marketing strategy. You can learn more about her in this post and on her website. Thanks, Tami!